Saturday 1 November 2014

TWITTER CHATTING WITH NEW TO TWITTER TEACHERS

I got up early the morning after Halloween, awake from my sugar coma (I left some of my kids' candy alone but Daddy Tax went up to 42% this year) and participated in the New Teachers to Twitter chat #NT2t .

It was really fun. There were 16 people participating. There was a lot of resource sharing. 

This for example this is something one teacher attaches to his test:

I asked a couple teachers if I could borrow their images or ideas and it seemed that, not only were they open to this, they saw it as the purpose of Twitter Chat.

It wasn't just idea, poster and resource sharing. I also got the chance to talk to some teachers who have been in the game for a while. Some of the teachers on the chat have great blogs
and I followed everyone who participated on Twitter. 

There are a lot of different types of teachers. I think I'm going to really enjoy engaging with the teachers that I meet through Twitter. There are a few qualities that they seem to share. I think a certain type of teacher is drawn to Twitter and blogging. These teachers I've talked to always seem to have the qualities that are summed up in a picture that   and  shared this image this morning. 


It's the kind of teacher I hope to be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment